2022 Water Chats Webinar Series
Thank you to all of the students who participated in the 2022 Water Chats webinar series!
The 2022 Water Chats virtual series has now concluded. Thank you to all of our speakers that participated in the emerging contaminants, harmful algal blooms, stormwater control measures, and source water protection webinars this summer. Check back soon for future opportunities with Water Chats!
- Webinar 1 (6/28) – Annabelle Tierney, College of Charleston: “Distribution and Characterization of Microplastics in Sediments and Commercial Shrimp Species in South Carolina Estuaries”
- Webinar 1 (6/28) – Caroline Conner, Coastal Carolina University: “Microplastic Concentration Analysis of the Atlantic Sand Fiddler Crab (Leptuca pugilator)”
- Webinar 2 (6/30) – Jonathan Stewart, College of Charleston: “Toxicity and Persistence of PFAS-alternative Aqueous Fire Fighting Foams (AFFF)” with advisor Dr. Ed Wirth
- Webinar 1 (7/26) – Ibrahim Busari, Clemson University: “Detecting Harmful Algal Blooms: Applications of Machine Learning Approaches”
- Webinar 2 (7/28) – Nia Rene, City University of New York (CUNY): “Mitigation of Septic Effluent Nitrogen and Phosphate Using ecoWEIR tech: Management of Microcystis Growth and Toxin Production”
- Webinar 1 (8/23) – Hannah Quast, College of Charleston: “Assessing Coastal Stream Flow and Compound Flooding Risk”
- Webinar 2 (8/25) – Levi McKercher, University of South Carolina, and Clare Escamilla, Clemson University: “Exploring Potential Ecosystem Services Provided by Floating Treatment Wetlands Applied in Brackish Stormwater Ponds”
- Webinar 1 (9/20) – Duncan Williamson, College of Charleston: “The South Carolina Water Monitoring Portal – Visualize, Download, or Upload Water Quality Data”
- Webinar 2 (9/22) – Daniel O’Hara, Coastal Carolina University: “The Importance of Wetlands and Creating Policy to Protect Them”
Water Chats is coordinated through the S.C. Sea Grant Consortium, Clemson Extension, and Clemson University’s S.C. Water Resources Center.